Partner with Us
Globally and in the UK, Black women have the lowest probabilities of being top earners.
UK-born Black women are the most underrepresented in the top earners percentile*
Black women are visibly under-represented across all areas of work for example the first Black female history professor was appointed only in 2018 In the UK Black women on average get paid £20k less than white men, despite similar education levels.
lollipop was set up in the pandemic with a small ambition to help a few. many initiatives focus on employing junior talent. lollipop is one of the only initiative focused solely on mid-level Black women.
lollipop is a mentoring platform which pairs mid level Black women with senior mentors. In order to prepare them for leadership positions. lollipop creates relationships with Black women and senior industry mentors, we provide workshops, networking events, masterclasses and inter-company events to hone skills and improve networks.
he figures show that Black women are not progressing in their careers at the same rate as other groups. They often do not have mentors and do not have access to networks outside of their organisations who can support them.
We believe that as well as being part of the change there is an opportunity for companies to support and partner with us.
Companies led by black women received just 0.02% of investment. invest in us and in your workforce.
You can work and partner with us in a variety of ways:
- Within your companies ask if they want to become lollipop mentors?
- Is there any one in your company that could benefit from being a lollipop mentee?
- Can you provide space for us to hold events,
- We need financial support to run lollipop. We are not funded.
- Do you have access to resources which we use to help us produce content?
- Can you support us and provide platforms for lollipop mentors and mentees to speak and participate in panel events?
This is also a two way street, as we can work with companies to:
- Deliver bespoke mentorship programmes (speed mentoring for all mid level staff)
- Deliver bespoke mentorship programmes (speed mentoring forBlack female staff)
- Unconscious bias sessions
- Leadership guidance (how to work with diverse talent)
- Role out bespoke junior internship programmes
- bespoke lollipop mentoring company wide cohorts